For those joining at the state level, use this form. KY At-Large Member Form 2018.19
See below for those joining at the local league level.
What is a League Member?
Any person who subscribes to the purposes and policies of the League is welcome to become a member. Although our history and our official name might suggest otherwise, many of our members are men.
There are two categories of membership.
- Voting members are U.S. citizens who are at least 16 years of age and who reside within the United States, a territory or an associated commonwealth. They are voting members of local Leagues, state Leagues and the LWVUS.
- At-Large Members are state residents who live outside the area of a local League and have not joined a local League. They pay their dues to the state League.
Life members are those who have been League members for 50 years or more. Life members are excused from paying dues.
Students are encouraged to become involved and may join at the state level for $10.
For more information about membership contact: KentuckyLWV@gmail.com or 502-875-6481.
- Provides you with information on issues, candidates and government
- Offers you experience in leadership, lobbying and research
- Puts you in touch with community leaders, legislators and leadership officials
- Introduces you to a network of interesting, involved people
- Helps you become a knowledgeable and competent member of your community
The State League provides all Kentucky members a subscription to its newsletter The Kentucky Voter. Members also are entitled to all benefits offered by the local and national League.
As a League member you have the responsibility to:
- Support League with money, time and talents at a level in keeping with your personal circumstances
- Respond to requests for ideas and feedback
- Resolve to do your part to protect and improve democracy
Find the local League nearest you. Talk to members. Attend a League function. Find out about upcoming events. Ask to be reminded of events. Offer to help in some way. Then take that step and become a member.
Each local League has its own procedure for becoming a member. Contact your local League to see if they use a form for new members to fill out or see if you can join online.
To join at the state level as a KY At-Large Member, complete this KALM member form and mail it with member dues to Kentucky LWV, 115 S. Ewing Ave., Louisville, KY 40206. Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-875-6481.